The qualification develops competence. Therefore, learners must be in paid employment or a voluntary position to enable an assessment.
460 hours approx
Diploma Level 2
Learners must achieve all the mandatory units (24 credits) and optional units to a minimum of 22 credits, total of 46 credits.
Nine mandatory units:
- Promote communication in care settings
- Promote effective handling of information in care settings
- Promote personal development in care settings
- Promote person-centred approaches in care settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in care settings
- Promote health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Duty of care in care settings
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings
plus a selection of optional units relevant to your place of work.
We work in partnership with TQUK to offer our learners a range of vocational qualifications under the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). This is the way of recognising achievemnet through the awarding of credits for qualifications and individual units.
Taking this approach provides a more flexible route to gaining qualifications and enables you to progress in smaller steps through the accumulation of credit.
TQUK is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).