Our Social Care courses meet the continuing development needs of health care workers in community residential settings, nursing homes
and private care providers.
Our Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities develops knowledge and competence for individuals who:
- already work in Health and Social care but are new to learning disability services
- work in learning disability services and want a short qualification for CPD
- have a job role not exclusively focused around supporting individuals with learning disabilities, but have some contact and wish to develop relevant skills and knowledge
- are community and volunteer carers whose role includes contact with individuals with learning disabilities
- have other roles such as employment care adviser or palliative care professional and wish to develop their service to meet the needs of a wider range of service users
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Certificate Level 3
Learners must achieve a minimum of 23 credits: 12 credits from the mandatory units and a minimum of 11 credits from the optional units. At least 17 credits must be achieved at level 3.
The course is assessed using a variety of methods, including written assignments, as well as assessments in the workplace.
Thre mandatory units
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Support person-centred thinking and planning
- Promote communication in health, social care, or children’s and young people’s settings
plus selection from a range of optional units.
We work in partnership with TQUK to offer our learners a range of vocational qualifications under the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). This is the way of recognising achievement through the awarding of credits for qualifications and individual units.
Taking this approach provides a more flexible route to gaining qualifications and enables you to progress in smaller steps through the accumulation of credit.
TQUK is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).