moving & handling REFRESHER
£55 per person
An essential annual update for anyone who is required to use safe handling equipment and techniques as part of their role.
There is a continual flow of updates and new equipment we come across all the time and these updates are crucial for you and your client’s safety.
At the end of the training course, you will have the renewed competence to provide correct people handling techniques so that risks are reduced to yourself and patients/residents.
- Move and handle people in a way that requires the least amount of effort
- Move and handle people in a way that provides greater comfort and dignity to the patient or resident or resident
- Understand manual handling legislation as it applies to healthcare
- Gain a better understanding of spinal mechanics
- Look after your own back and that of patients/residents/ clients
- Conduct a personal risk assessment for patients / residents / clients
- Safely move people with and without the use of specialist equipment
- Manual Handling Responsibilities and the Law
- Anatomy of the Spine and Types of Injuries
- Safe Lifting Techniques – L.I.T.E/ TILE
- Lifting Objects
- Key Elements of People Moving
- Risks and Controls related to People Moving
- People Moving – Risk Assessments/ Personal Plan
- People Moving Equipment
- People Moving – Controversial Techniques
- People Moving – Good Techniques
- Practical Sessions and Assessments in People Moving
50 Don Street, St. Helier