DIPLOMA IN Leadership & Management IN ADULT CARE
(RQF LEVEL 5)
The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care (RQF) is designed for those who want to work in a management position within the health & social care sector specialising in adult domiciliary care.
The course develops the knowledge and skills required by managers and leaders in care settings.
Achieving the qualification should enable learners to innovate and respond to a changing environment and to meet challenges and opportunities within the sector.
Diploma Level 5
Learners must achieve a minimum of 80 credits. 60 credits from mandatory units and the remaining 20 credits from the optional units.
Seventeen mandatory units:
- Principles of leadership and management in adult care
- Lead and manage a team within adult care
- Governance and regulatory processes in adult
- Communication and information management in adult care
- Partnership working in adult care
- Outcomes-based person-centred practice in adult care
- Manage continuous improvement in adult care
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion in adult care
- Supervision and performance management in adult care
- Resource management in adult care
- Safeguarding and protection in adult care
- Risk-taking and risk management in adult care
- Managing concerns and complaints in adult care
- Manage self for leadership in adult care
- Decision making in adult care
- Entrepreneurial skills in adult care
- Innovation and change in adult care
plus a selection of optional units relevant to your place of work.
We work in partnership with TQUK to offer our learners a range of vocational qualifications under the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). This is the way of recognising achievemnet through the awarding of credits for qualifications and individual units.
Taking this approach provides a more flexible route to gaining qualifications and enables you to progress in smaller steps through the accumulation of credit.
TQUK is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
Our Social Care (RQF) courses meet the continuing development needs of healthcare workers in community residential settings, nursing homes, and private care providers.
50 Don Street, St. Helier