Makaton is a unique language programme that uses symbols, signs, and speech to enable people to communicate. It supports the development of essential communication skills such as attention and listening, comprehension, memory, recall, and organisation of language and expression.
buy ivermectin pills Our Complete Makaton Language Programme comprises two vocabularies:
- A core vocabulary of essential words or concepts, presented in stages of increasing complexity. The core vocabulary is taught first and is the foundation of the programme.
- A larger, topic-based vocabulary that provides an enormous bank of signs and symbols that cover broader life experiences and used in association with the Core Vocabulary as required.
jingoistically Course Options:
- Two-hour ‘Taster Session’ that covers the basics of the core vocabulary.
- One-day Level 1 Workshop that provides a practical introduction to the Makaton Language Programme. Workshops include discussing commonly asked questions, hints and tips for effective signing and symbol use, and how to start using Makaton in everyday situations at home or work.
- One-day Level 2 Workshop that builds on the knowledge gained in Level 1 training.
All Level 1 and 2 students receive a participant’s manual and a certificate of attendance.